Creating DEX Search Components
Prerequisites: Before creating Dynamic Execute (DEX) Search components, be sure to configure the ISS indexes.
To create a DEX Search component within a search results page:
- Navigate to Site.
- In the Site Tree, select a node that will be the parent of the new DEX Search component.
- Click the New button on the Edit tab.
- Select Component in the drop-down list. The Create New Component dialog displays.
- Provide a name of the component in the Name field.
- Select the appropriate DEX Search Component from the Select Type drop-down list.
Note: Each DEX search schema has a local and a remote version. The local version assumes that the search service is within the DSS project. The local version of the component is most often used. If the search service is on a server other than the one where the DSS resides, then use the remote version.
Click Create. You've now created the search component that will be included within a search page.
- Edit the DEX Search Component that you created. Refer to the following topics for search schema descriptions:
- When you have completed changes to the DEX Search Component page, click Save.
- Create a new page with your search results page schema.
Locate your search results page in the Site Tree. It should contain a component element that accepts DEX components.
- Click Select to pull the DEX search component into the page. The Select a Component dialog displays.
- Search for your newly created search component within the dialog and then select it.
- Click OK. The Select a Component dialog closes.
Check in the search results page and its DEX search component.
- Be sure to configure the appropriate index(es) -- if you have not done so already -- then proceed to the remaining steps on this page.
Publish the search results page and its search component to the DSS site.
- Update your site's views to render the XML search results.
Run queries against the search component.
Note: Lucene begins to create its indexes once a search query has executed. It may take a few minute for index generation to complete. If no new indexing files have been written to this folder, refresh the application pool in IIS. Verify that Lucene has created new indexing files by checking the modified dates of the index files.
Caution: Like all core components that come with the CMS, DEX Search component schemas should never be modified in any way. Also, the latest DEX components must only be updated through the NuGet package process.
This section includes: