Quick Reference: Ingeniux DEX Configuration
Like other DEX search components, Ingeniux DEX Search can be built without the need for customizations other than the ASP.NET search page view. Ingeniux DEX search components return results against the main DSS search index. The location of the DSS search index is defined in Search.config, which acts as a central "hub" for all InSite Search indexes.
To configure an Ingeniux DEX search (quick-start steps):
- Install the latest 1) InSite Search and 2) DEX packages with the NuGet Package Manager (See Updating ISS for details):
- Open Dynamic_Site_Server_Instance.csproj in Visual Studio.
- In NuGet Package Manager, uninstall the current packages before installing the latest ones.
- Import the latest schema into Administrator > Schema Designer > Upload. (See the DEX NuGet ReadMe.txt for details.)
- In Visual Studio, rebuild your DSS project to include the new packages.
- Configure Search.config in [Drive]:\[path to DSS root folder] (See Search.config if no index files generate.):
- Set the indexingEnabled attribute value on the Search element to true.
- Set the type attribute value on the add element to Ingeniux.Runtime.Search.DssContentSearchSource.
- Set the settingsFile attribute value on the add element to the absolute path of SearchSource.config.
- [Optional] Configure SearchSource.config through the Ingeniux CMS UI. (See InSite Search Configuration for details.)
- Create and configure Ingeniux DEX search component in Site Tree.
- Generate the main search index files (See Data Not Indexed for details):
- In Internet Information Services (IIS), recycle the DSS application pool.
- Delete any main index files in the App_Data\LuceneIndex folder.
Note: This folder structure is present only after the initial generation of the main search index files.
- Run a full publish, which includes the new Ingeniux DEX search component.
- In your browser, enter an address to your DSS website (e.g., http://website.com/dss/x4.xml).
Note: This step triggers the indexing of content and the generation of indexing files in App_Data\LuceneIndex. This process may take a few minutes to complete, so you may receive inaccurate search results in the intervening time.
- Test Ingeniux DEX Search (See Testing DEX Configurations for details.):
- Verify that indexing files have populated the App_Data\LuceneIndex folder on your DSS server. In particular, check the Date modified values of the index files to ensure that they originated at the same time as your last publish.
- In your browser, enter the URL to the Ingeniux DEX search component on the DSS, including a search term (e.g., http://website.com/dss/x4.xml?terms=enterprise, where x4 is the identifier for the Ingeniux DEX search component; where terms is the default parameter name set in the Ingeniux DEX search component; and where enterprise is the search term value).
Note: Results return as raw XML for this prototype. For a more complete search rendition, you would need to apply an ASP.NET search view to the page that includes Ingeniux DEX search component.
- Verify that your search term returns expected results. If you retained the default Hiliter attribute values in Search.config, then the matched terms return within strong start and end tags within page excerpts.