DEX Test Prerequisites
Verify that you have completed the following tasks before testing your DEX search configuration:
- Ensure that a staging DSS has been created. (See Installing New DSS Instances.)
- Update InSite Search NuGet packages to the latest release. (See Updating ISS.)
- In Visual Studio, rebuild your DSS project to include the new DEX packages.
- Import the latest schemas into Administrator > Schema Designer > Upload. (Consult the NuGet ReadMe file after the import completes for details.)
- Set Search.config and other search-specific configuration files. (See Index Library Type Configurations.)
- Create the appropriate DEX search component. (See Creating DEX Search Components.)
Note: For this test, the DEX - Ingeniux Search - Local component will be used.
- In Internet Information Services (IIS), recycle the DSS application pool.
- Delete any main index files in the App_Data\LuceneIndex folder.
Note: The App_Data\LuceneIndex folder structure is present only after the initial generation of the main search index files.
- Run a full publish, which includes the new Ingeniux DEX search component.
- In your browser, enter an address to your DSS website (e.g., http://website.com/dss/x3.xml).
Note: Any address to the DSS website will trigger the indexing of content and the generation of indexing files in App_Data\LuceneIndex. This process may take a few minutes to complete, so you may receive inaccurate search results in the intervening time.
- Verify that indexing files have populated the App_Data\LuceneIndex folder on your DSS server. In particular, check the Date modified values of the index files to ensure that they were created as a result of your last publish.
Next Steps: Once you have all of the prerequisite tasks completed and indexes have populated the App_Data\LuceneIndex folder, you are ready to test DEX.