Add a User to the CMS
Version: CMS 10, 10.x, CMS 8, 8.x, CMS 9, 9.x
September 13, 2012
Last updated: 1/30/2021
Adding a user to the CMS is an easy process that is accomplished through the Users/Groups Manager.
Access to the Administration pane in the CMS client.
- In the Administration Pane, click the Users/Groups tab. This opens the Users/Groups Manager.
- In the Users tab, click New User.
- Enter values for the following:
- User ID: A user name
- User name: A friendly name
- Email: The address to which email within the CMS will be sent.
- Optional: Check the Receive Workflow Notifications check box if you want the user to receive workflow notifications.
- To add the new user to one or more groups, click the Member of tab and drag the desired groups from the right-hand column to the Group name column.
Note: Users who don't belong to a group have no permissions and, as such, cannot see the user interface in the CMS client.
- Click Save.