Configure .NET and IIS Prerequisites for CMS V8 on Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
Version: CMS 8, 8.x
May 5, 2015
Last updated: 1/30/2021
This article explains the steps necessary to configure IIS and .NET 3.5/4.0 on Windows Server 2012, which is required to run Ingeniux CMS 8.0.
- Click the Server Manager icon. (Alternately, navigate to Start > servermanager.exe.)
- Click Manage, then select Add Roles and Features.
- The Add Roles and Features Wizard opens. Click Next three times to navigate to the Select server roles page.
- Ensure that the following roles are selected:
- Application Server
- Web Server (IIS)
Then click Next.
- On the Select features page, ensure that the following features are selected:
- .Net Framework 3.5 Features
- .Net Framework 4.5 Features (It may be necessary to expand this section to be able to select all subcomponents.)
- Scroll to the bottom of the features list. Expand the User Interfaces and Infrastructure node and select Desktop Experience.
- Click Next twice to navigate to the Select role services page.
- Ensure that the following are selected:
- .NET Framework 4.5
- Web Server (IIS) Support
- Click Next twice to navigate to the list of role services for web server (IIS).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select Management Tools and all its subcomponents.
- Click Next, and then click Install. Wait for the installation to complete, and then restart the server.
- Reopen the Server Manager. Select Manage > Add Roles and Features. On the Add Roles and Features Wizard, click Next three times to navigate to the Select server roles page.
- Scroll down to and expand the Web Server (IIS) node. Then expand the Application Development node it contains.
- Select all subcomponents of the Application Development node.
- Click Next twice, then click Install. Click Close when the installation completes.
Software prerequisites are listed on pages 8 and 9 of the Ingeniux CMS 8.0 Installation Guide.