Enable dependency mode for navigations on DSS 9.0 SR5
Version: All, CMS 9, 9.5
June 22, 2016
Last updated: 1/30/2021
Note: Only follow the procedures described in this article if you have been directed to do so by Ingeniux Support.
In some site implementations, navigations are built by a third-party system rather than Ingeniux CMS. In these cases, it can be useful to disable navigation building within the application, cutting down processing and allowing for faster startup after a publish.
- Navigate to your DSS site's root folder and open web.config in a text editor.
- Locate the following add nodes.
- Set the value of DependencyMode to true.
- If desired, configure the value for DependencyModeNavCacheDuration. This sets how often, in seconds, to check whether the navigation cache files have been updated. The default value is 60.
- When you're finished, save web.config.
- For dependency mode to work as intended, all navigation cache files must be in place.
- Enabling dependency mode doesn't affect Link elements.