Migrate Assets before Unpacking CMS 9 Pages into a CMS 10 Site
Version: All, CMS 10, 10.1, 10.x, CMS 9, 9.x
January 26, 2018
Last updated: 1/30/2021
As of 10.1, Site Migrator can unpack Ingeniux CMS 9 pages into CMS 10.1. If CMS 9 pages contain asset references, you must migrate these assets into the target CMS 10.1 site before using Site Migrator.
To provide instructions about how to handle asset references before unpacking Ingeniux CMS 9 pages into a CMS 10.1 site.
To add and manage assets:
- Copy v9 assets to your v10 installation App_Data\xml folder. (i.e., [Drive]:\[Path-to-CMS]\site\App_Data\xml).
Note: Maintain the CMS 9 folder structure (e.g., Images/Documents/Media) when copying assets into the CMS 10 folder structure.
- Log into the Ingeniux CMS 10.1 instance.
- Navigate to Assets. The migrated assets now display within the Asset Manager as unmanaged assets.
- Right click each migrated asset/asset folder then select Manage.
- Proceed with unpacking the CMS 9 pages into the CMS 10 site with Site Migrator.
CMS Administrators may need to enable the Manage Assets permission in order to convert unmanaged assets into managed assets. More information on managing Assets can be found in the following article: