Restore an Ingeniux CMS Site From an \xml Backup
Version: CMS 8, 8.x
July 20, 2010
Last updated: 1/30/2021
This article describes how to restore an Ingeniux CMS Design-Time site to a new server or set up an Ingeniux CMS Design-Time site from a backup of an \xml directory.
When replacing server hardware or recovering from a system failure, it maybe necessary to restore an Ingeniux Design-time site. The \xml directory located under the site's directory contains all the critical files specific to a Design-Time site.
- Ingeniux Installation Executable (igxsetup.exe)
- Backup of the \xml for the Design-Time site to be restored.
- Run the Igxsetup.exe and install the Ingeniux application as indicated in the Installation Guide. (If the Ingeniux application is already configured, skip this step.)
- Run the Igx_Site_Setup.exe and create a site as indicated in the Installation Guide.
- Ensure that the permissions for the new \xml directory are configured as indicated in the Installation Guide.
- Go to Start > Run, and type the following command: iisreset /stop
- After the DOS Window closes, navigate to the \xml directory for the new site.
- Click Edit, then click Select All.
- Select File and choose Delete to delete the contents of the \xml directory.
- Copy the contents of the backed-up \xml directory into the \xml directory of the site created in step two.
- Once the file copy has completed, right-click the \xml directory, then click Properties, and select the Security tab.
- Select the Advanced button, verify that Inherit from parent the permissions entries that apply to child objects is selected, and select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects option. Click OK. This will ensure that the user has access to the directory.
- Go to Start > Run, and type the following command: iisreset /start
- Launch an Ingeniux Client to verify access and to verify that the original site has been restored.