Specify a Particular Publishing Target in Workflow
Version: CMS 8, 8.x, CMS 9, 9.x
July 20, 2010
Last updated: 1/30/2021
The following steps will allow administrators to specify a particular publishing target in a specific workflow.
Specifying a particular publishing target in workflow allows for much more efficient processing of pages. Otherwise, the publish action will publish (incrementally) the page and its dependent pages to all publishing targets that contain the page within its scope.
1. Administrative permissions within the CMS
2. An active workflow properly set up
- Navigate to Administration > Workflows.
- In the table of workflows, click the workflow whose publishing target you want to specify.
- In the Workflow Transitions pane, double-click the transition that contains a Publish action, or, if this transition doesn't exist, create one.
- In the Edit Transition dialog, click the Actions tab.
- If not Publish action exists, click the + button and select Publish from the list of workflow actions.
- Click + again to add the workflow action to the transition.
- Click the black triangle to the left of the Publish icon to expand the workflow action. This will display a list of available publishing targets.
- Click the publishing targets to which you want this workflow to publish, and click Save and Close.