Adding Field Boosts
Field boosts increase how prominently individual fields display when returned in search results. For example, without intervening factors, a field that has a boost value of 1.4 will rank higher than another field with a boost value of 1.2 in the returned results. The boosts apply to elements that match the field name anywhere in the page (e.g., at the page root level, in an embedded component, or in a page presentation).
- Navigate to .The Fields tab displays.
- Click the Add Boost plus (+)
button in the Field Boosts area.A new boost entry displays.
- Select a schema field from the Field Name drop-down list
- Enter a number (we recommend a value between 1.0 and 4.0) in the
Boost Value field. NoteHigher numbers increase how much a field gets boosted relative to other fields.
- Click Select Targets to apply boosts to all or
individual targets. Choose the publishing targets from the Select
Target(s) dialog and click Select.NoteBy default, the boost applies to all publishing targets.
- Click Save in the Actions menu.