Memory Tuning for CMS and ContentStore Application Pools
Version: All, CMS 10, 10.1, 10.x
November 13, 2019
Last updated: 3/2/2021
Customers who monitor their CMS server environments may notice high memory usage for the CMS and ContentStore application pools. This article describes how to set the CMS and ContentStore application pools to reduce their memory footprints.
- Systems administrative rights on the Content Management Server
To reduce the CMS memory footprint:
- Navigate to [Drive]:\[path-to-cms-site-root-folder]\site.
- Open local-appsettings.config in a text editor.
- As a child of the appSettings tag, create an add tag, where DisableRavenClientCache is set to true:
- Save local-appsettings.config.
- Recycle the CMS application pool for this settings to take effect.
To reduce the ContentStore memory footprint:
- Navigate to [Drive]:\[path-to-cms-site-root-folder]\site\RavenWeb.
- Open Web.config in a text editor.
- As a child of the appSettings tag, create an add tag, where Raven/CacheDocumentsInMemory is set to false.
- Save Web.config.