Installing CMS 10.6 Connector Add-on
- System administrators must install the CMS 10.6 Oxygen Web Service for the Ingeniux CMS site instance. See Installing CMS 10.6 Oxygen Web Service for details.
- CMS content contributors must install Oxygen XML Editor 23.1+ on their authoring
client(s). See the Oxygen XML Editor website
for details.ImportantFor MacOS Oxygen XML Editor installations, the Ingeniux CMS Connector add-on requires the Oxygen XML Editor/Author/Developer folder to reside directly under the Applications folder. The connector add-on also requires oxygen.sh, oxygenAuthor.sh, and oxygenDeveloper.sh to reside within the Oxygen XML Editor/Author/Developer folder.
The Oxygen Desktop Plugin requires each CMS content contributor who will use the plugin to install the Ingeniux CMS Connector add-on in their Oxygen XML Editor 23.1+ application. After installation, users can check for and install subsequent updates to the Ingeniux CMS Connector plugin.
- Open the Oxygen XML Web Editor application.
- Navigate to in the Oxygen XML Editor toolbar.The Install new add-ons dialog displays.
- Copy and paste the following URL in the Show add-ons from field: The Ingeniux CMS Connector add-on displays in the list.
- Select the Ingeniux CMS Connector add-on, and select Next.
- If a Security confirmation message displays, select
Allow or Allow and remember to grant the
system permission to connect with the host URL.TipWe recommend clicking Allow and remember. This way, you only have to grant permissions once and not for each subsequent version update.
- Accept the license agreements in the License and Signature tabs by selecting the I accept all terms of the end user license agreements checkbox.
- Select Install.The add-on installs to your system, and the Add-ons dialog displays.
- Select OK, and restart the Oxygen XML Editor application to apply the add-on install changes.
- Open the Oxygen XML Editor.The UI now displays the following:
- new options (i.e., the Check Out, Check In, and Insert Topic Reference buttons) in the application's toolbar.
- the Ingeniux CMS pane.
- the Ingeniux DITA References pane.
- Install CMS 10.6 Web Launcher for Windows to configure the Oxygen Desktop Plugin Web Launcher and sync CMS connection settings on a Windows machine.
- Install CMS 10.6 Web Launcher for Mac to configure the Oxygen Desktop Plugin Web Launcher and sync CMS connection settings on a Mac machine.
- Configure CMS 10.6 connection settings without installing the Oxygen
Desktop Plugin Web Launcher.
We recommend installing the Oxygen Desktop Plugin with Web Launcher. The web launcher feature automatically configures the CMS 10.6 connection settings.