Deleting Content Units
Administrators can delete presentation content units from the CMS. If administrators delete the content unit and its built-in view, the system moves the built-in view from Assets\Views\Shared\Editable to the Recycle Folder in . To delete the built-in view and not the unit, see Removing Content Unit Views for details.
Without a built-in or external MVC view, the content unit cannot be inserted into Page Builder layouts.
Instances of Deleted Content Units in Page Builder
If administrators delete content units from presentation, Page Builder saves the embedded content unit and view as a mapped field, which is unaffected by deletion. However, the deleted content unit becomes unavailable in the Design tab. If users remove the content unit from the presentation, the unit cannot be used again., the system permanently removes those content units from the CMS. If the content unit exists in a
To delete a presentation content unit:
- Navigate to .The Management screen displays.
- Select one or more presentation content units in the Field Content
Units or Component Content Units tab.TipUse Ctrl+Click to select multiple content units.
- Select Delete in the Actions menu.The Deleting Content Units dialog displays.
- Select Delete Selected Content Units.The system permanently deletes the content unit from the CMS.
If the content unit has a built-in view, the Deleting Content Unit Views dialog displays.
- If the Deleting Content Unit Views dialog displays, choose one
of the following steps.
- Select Don't Delete to maintain the view associated with the deleted content unit as a managed asset within the Assets Manager.
- Select Delete Views to move view asset associated with the deleted content unit to the Assets Recycle Folder.