- Ingeniux CMS 10.6 must be installed. See CMS Statistics to check the site version.TroubleshootingIn CMS 10.0–10.5, an issue prevents users from saving resized images via the Ingeniux Image Manipulator. See Resizing Images via Assets Manager to resize images in CMS 10.0–10.5.
- The image asset must be checked out to the current user.
- The current user must have asset editing permissions.
Rather than navigating to the Assets Manager to resize images, users can use this shortcut tool to resize images without leaving the Site area.
Resize as needed to fit images within given spaces. Smaller dimensions can also decrease the image download duration.
- Navigate to .
- Click a page or component that contains an XHTML editor element.
- Check out the content item, and expand the XHTML editor element.
- Choose one of the following steps:
The Insert/Edit Image dialog displays.
- Select an area in the XHTML editor, and click in the XHTML editor toolbar.
- Select an area in the XHTML editor, and click the Insert/Edit
image icon in the XHTML editor toolbar.NoteIf the Insert/Edit Image icon doesn't initially display, then click the More... icon to access the icon in the toolbar.
- Right-click an area in the XHTML editor and click Image... in the context menu.
- Click the Source icon button.The Choose File dialog displays.
- Navigate to the image asset and choose one of the following steps:TipTo change views, select the Details or Thumbnails button in the dialog toolbar.
The Ingeniux Image Manipulator dialog displays.
- Select the image in the Thumbnails view, and click Edit Image in the image details that display.
- Double-click the image in the Details or Thumbnails view.
- Click Resize in the toolbar.The Resize Image dialog displays.
- Use the following fields to set the dimensions that suit your needs.TipThe Original Dimensions field displays the image's original height and width values.
Field Description Constrain By drop-down list
- Select Width to automatically scale the height value to the width value so that the image remains proportional.
- Select Height to automatically scale the width value to the height value so that the image remains proportional.
- Select None to manually set the width and height values of the images.
Width Sets the image width value in pixels. Height Set the image height value in pixels.
- Click Resize to confirm the new dimensions and close the Resize Image dialog.
- Click Save Changes when you finish all image edits.The system saves the edits to the current checked-out version of the image asset in the Assets Manager.