Blocking Group Schema Access
Prerequisites: See Schema Designer Prerequisites for details.
As of Ingeniux CMS 10.x, administrators can restrict groups from accessing page, component, or asset schemas. If the administrator configures Security, then blocked group members cannot access or see the schema in Schema Designer.
Note: The initial administrators group, which is created automatically by the CMS, cannot be blocked from accessing schemas.
To block access to a schema type:
- Navigate to Administration > Schema Designer.
- Select the schema from the appropriate tab in the Management view.
- Click Edit in the Actions menu. The Create/Edit view displays.
- Click Security in the Schema Actions menu. The Select Blocked Groups dialog displays.
- Optional: Select or clear the Show User Count checkbox to display or hide the User Count column in the Choose From and Blocked Groups fields.
Note: The User Count column displays each group's total members.
- Optional: Enter the group name in the Filter By field to search for groups in the Choose From field.
- Select the appropriate group(s) and choose one of the following steps.
- Drag the group(s) to the Blocked Groups field.
- Click the right arrow button to move the group(s) to the Blocked Groups field.
Note: To unblock groups, move the group(s) to the Choose From field. Drag the groups or click the left arrow button to move them.
- Optional: Click the up and down arrow buttons to reorder the groups in the Blocked Groups field.
- Click OK to save the security changes.