SFTP Access to Assets
Prior to Ingeniux CMS 10.3, the only way users could access CMS assets was through the CMS UI. In CMS 10.3+, you can edit, add, and delete assets in Assets Manager via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
To configure SFTP access for assets:
- Navigate to the root of your CMS installation and open local-appsettings.config in a text editor.
- Set the EnableIngeniuxSFTPServer value to true and save your change. This configuration installs a listener endpoint on the base URL of the CMS.
- Recycle the CMS ContentStore application pool. The CMS auto-generates private (igxsftp.pem) and public (igxsftp.pub) SSH keys found at [path-to-cms-site-instance]/App_Data/IGXSFTP.
Troubleshoot: If the keys don't generate, recycle the CMS and the CMS ContentStore.
- Navigate to Administration > Users/Groups.
- Add an SFTP group.
Note: You do not need to set permissions on SFTP group.
- Add at least one user to SFTP group.
- Save this new configuration.
- Advanced: You can customize the IgxSftpSettings document within your CMS's RavenDB Content Store if you need:
- to configure a port other than the default (i.e., 22).
- to use SSH keys other than the auto-generated ones. To create your own private and public keys via PuTTy, see How to Create SSH Keys with PuTTY on Windows.
To change the SFTP port number:
- In your browser, navigate to the IgxSftpSettings document within your CMS's RavenDB contentstore (e.g., http://[hostserver]/[cms-instance-name]/ContentStore/studio/index.html#databases/edit?&id=IgxSftpSettings%2F1&database=IGXContentStore).
- In the Data tab, change the port value from 22 to the port number you want to use.
- Click the Save icon and exit RavenDB.
To use keys other than the ones auto-generated by Ingeniux CMS:
- In your browser, navigate to the IgxSftpSettings document within your CMS's RavenDB ContentStore (e.g., http://[hostserver]/[cms-instance-name]/ContentStore/studio/index.html#databases/edit?&id=IgxSftpSettings%2F1&database=IGXContentStore).
- In the Data tab, insert the path of the private key value between the quotes on the first line.
- Click the Save icon and exit the RavenDB.
- Open an SFTP client such as WinSCP or FileZilla.
- Connect to your CMS server via SFTP.
Note: Be sure to connect with one of the users (and password for that user) that you defined as a member of the SFTP group. All managed assets in the Ingeniux CMS Assets Tree display as remote folders in your SFTP client.
- Move local folders and assets to the appropriate remote folder(s).
- Optional: Verify that the transfer was successful by navigating to Assets > Assets Tree. Your transferred assets display in the Assets Tree as checked-out assets.
This section includes: