- User must have administrator permissions to set security.
- User groups must exist. See Creating Groups for details.
Security in the Properties tab provides options to set security access levels for user groups and node levels.
To set security for assets and asset folders:
- Navigate to Assets.
- Select an asset or folder in the Assets Tree.
- Click the Properties tab in the toolbar.
- Select Security in the Options menu. The Security view displays.
Note: If items in Site Tree are associated with this asset, settings may affect asset(s) in the Assets Tree.
- Optional: Clear the checkmark from Inherit security settings from parent asset checkbox. A verification dialog displays.
- Optional: Click Yes to confirm that you understand that the asset will no longer use the inherited security settings from the parent asset. The Remove and Add buttons display on the Security view.
- Optional: Select the Everyone user group. Click Remove.
Note: The Everyone user group overrides all other settings in Security.
- Click Add. The Select Access Groups dialog displays.
- Select user groups that you want to have access to this asset or asset folder.
- Click OK to confirm your choice of user group(s) in the Select Access Group dialog.
- Set the security access level for each group.
- Click Save.