File Replication Target Configuration
To set up a standard file replication target, configure the following values, as necessary.
- Name [Required]: The name of the replication target.
- Description: An optional description of the replication target.
- Target Location [Required]: A UNC path or a file path on a local drive.
- Change-tracking with content comparison: Enables or disables content comparison. By default, the replication system detects changes by comparing the last-modified dates of the source and the target. When change tracking is on, the system also compares content and eliminates file transfer if the content hasn't changed. Normally, change tracking should not be enabled, because it slows the replication process.
- Disabled: Disables the replication target. This setting is useful for testing purposes, because you can temporarily remove a target without deleting it.
To use impersonation settings, click Advanced Settings.
Connect to location with a different account: Enables impersonation settings. You can use these settings to connect to the UNC path with a different user account. If you're replicating files to a different server, you'll need to configure a user account with access to the server.
To enable access to the target server, configure the following fields:
- Connecting User: The user with access to the UNC path
- User Domain: The domain name (e.g., "Ingeniux")
- Password: The user's password (encrypted)