Creating Taxonomy Categories
Users with permissions can create taxonomy categories to associate with content items.
To create a taxonomy category:
- Navigate to .
- Ensure the appropriate language displays in the Language field. When you create the category, Ingeniux CMS saves the value as the category's original language.
- Expand the appropriate categories. Hover over Taxonomy or an existing
category to place the new category as a child. Additional InformationYou can establish a parent-child relationship to organize the category in the Taxonomy Tree. See Taxonomy for details about parent and child categories.
- Click the plus (+) button. The category's Information tab displays.
- Complete the following fields:WarningChanges to the taxonomy category don't save automatically. If you navigate away from the category, you lose unsaved changes.
Field Description Title (required) Category friendly name. Description Category details. Type Name Category type. You can use this field to organize categories. External ID Additional attribute that is analogous to a foreign key to an external system. The external ID links the CMS taxonomy to the external system.
- Click Save. The new category displays in the Taxonomy Tree. The category's Associations, Security, and Synonyms tabs display.
Next Steps: Choose one of the following optional steps.