Adding Parent Pages to PCRs
By assigning parent pages to PCRs, administrators define places in the Site Tree where users can apply PCRs to create pages and components. For example, administrators can configure a PCR called Create a News Story with a folder called News Articles as its sole parent. The parent folder only allows certain content item types as children.
- Navigate to .
- Select the appropriate rule from the Page Creation Rules list.
- Select the Parent Pages tab.
- Click the Add a new parent page plus (+) button.
- In the search field that displays beneath the button, enter the title or xID of the
parent page. The search engine displays possible matches in the search drop-down
- Select the appropriate parent page from the drop-down list.
- Click the Add the parent page checkmark (✓) button.
- Select or clear the Parent Only checkbox. NoteThe Parent Only checkbox further restricts where users can apply the PCR. If selected, users can only create pages and components under the parent page itself. If cleared, users can apply the PCR to all descendants of the parent page.
- Click Save.NoteKeep in mind that copying a parent page in the Site Tree associates the copied page to the source page's PCR.