Creating Advanced Reports
Advanced reports don't leverage the XPath-based technology of XML meta-documents. Instead, an advanced report looks for a URL to define its parameters.
To configure a URL for an advanced report:
- Navigate to Administration > Reports.
- Right-click a folder in the Reports tree.
- Select New Report > Advanced Report.
- In the Configure view, enter the appropriate URL (e.g., asp/reports/workflow-usage-report) in the Data Provider URL field. This URL provides parameter definitions and report results.
- Click the Save Report Configurations button.
Note: Because advanced reports require special authentication and remote access, they cannot be scheduled, so no Schedule view is available for advanced reports.