Creating Component Schemas
In Schema Designer, users with permissions can create component schemas, which serve as templates for instances referenced by pages, referenced by content units, or embedded in pages.
- Navigate to
- Click New in the Actions menu to create a
schema.The new schema form displays in the Create/Edit view.
- Select Component from the Content Type drop-down list.
- Enter a Display Name for the schema.The system automatically populates the Root Name field with the Display Name you provided. The Root Name omits special characters and spaces.
- Select an icon to represent the component schema from the Icon drop-down list.
- Optional: Add taxonomy categories to the schema within Taxonomy Configuration. See Associating Taxonomy with Schemas for details.
- Optional: Add a workflow to the schema within Workflow Configuration
See Associating Workflows with Schemas for details. NoteYou can select a workflow only after saving the schema.
- Add elements to the schema within the Elements tab. See Adding Elements to Schemas for details.
- Optional: Add attributes to the schema within the Attributes tab. See Adding Attributes to Schemas for details.
- Click Save in the Schema Actions menu when
you finish creating and modifying the schema.The Save Schema dialog displays.
- Choose one of the following steps.
The system creates the component schema. You can access this schema in the Component Types tab of Schema Designer.
- Click Save Draft. Schema Designer saves the schema as a
draft.NoteIf you save the schema as a draft, then the draft icon displays next to the schema in the Schema Designer Component Types tab, and the system prevents users from selecting this schema to create components and content units.
Save the draft as a new version to provide the schema as an option to users for creating components and content units.
- Click Save new version. Schema Designer saves your schema as a new version.
- Click Save Draft. Schema Designer saves the schema as a draft.