How to Create Component Schemas | Create
component schemas to associate with instances referenced by pages,
referenced by content units, or embedded in pages.
Prerequisites: See Schema Designer Prerequisites for details.
In Schema Designer, users with permissions can create component schemas, which serve as templates for instances referenced by pages, referenced by content units, or embedded in pages.
To create a component schema:
- Navigate to Administration > Schema Designer > Management.
- Click New in the Actions menu to create a schema. A New Schema form displays within the Create/Edit view.
- Choose Component from the Content Type drop-down list.
- Enter a Display Name for the schema. The Root Name field uses the name you provide, automatically. The Root Name omits special characters and spaces.
- Select an icon to represent the component schema from the Icon drop-down list.
- Optional: Add taxonomy categories to the schema within Taxonomy Configuration. See Associating Taxonomy with Schemas for details.
- Optional: Add a workflow to the schema within Workflow Configuration See Associating Workflows with Schemas for details.
Note: You can select a workflow only after saving the schema.
- Add elements to the schema within the Elements tab. See Adding Elements to Schemas for details.
- Optional: Add attributes to the schema within the Attributes tab. See Adding Attributes to Schemas for details.
- When finished creating and modifying the schema, click Save in the Schema Actions menu. The Save Schema dialog displays.
- Choose one of the following steps:
Note: See Editing Component Schemas for details to edit component schema drafts and versions.