CMS 10.6 Setting Boost Multipliers for Fields Site Wide
Prerequisites: Administrators must configure page types and fields before configuring boost multipliers. See CMS 10.6 Search Indexing for details.
Once page types and fields have been selected for indexing, administrators can selectively boost fields used across their organization's website.
To boost a field used across a site:
- Navigate to .
- Select the Fields Site-Wide tab in the InSite Search
Configuration pane.The text-based fields across the website, which are associated with indexed page types, display.
- Select the publishing target where the field boosts will apply via the
Publishing Target drop-down list.NoteIf multiple publishing targets will use the field boosts, then, after you finish setting your configurations, you can batch apply the settings to multiple publishing targets.
- In the Boost Value column, change the boost value of each
corresponding field to suit your needs. Enter the number value manually or use the number
picker arrows.TipYou can use Find Fields to search for fields in the list.
- Select Save.
- Optional: If you want to batch apply your InSite Search configuration changes to additional
publishing targets, then complete the following steps.WarningThis tool batch applies your other InSite Search configuration changes (i.e., index and custom settings) along with your boost settings to the additional publishing targets. After batch applying these changes, previous configurations cannot be recovered.
The system applies your InSite Search configuration changes to the other publishing targets.
- Select Apply All Settings to... in the bottom-right corner
of the InSite Search configuration pane.The Apply to Publishing Targets dialog displays.
- Select the additional publishing targets where you want your InSite Search
configuration changes to apply, and click OK.TipYou can use the Publishing Target Name field to search for available publishing targets.
- Select Apply All Settings to... in the bottom-right corner of the InSite Search configuration pane.