How to Install UI Language Packs | Installing UI language packs within Ingeniux
By default, labels, UI messages, help text, etc. within Ingeniux CMS are provided in English. If your organization requires Ingeniux CMS UI to be in a language other than English to serve an international user base, Ingeniux provides localizations in the following languages/locales:
- English/United States (Default)
- Simplified Chinese/Mainland China
Ingeniux CMS users can select the provided languages/locales through the Change Language drop-down menu.
If your organization requires the UI to be display in other languages/locales, administrators can install a UI language pack of your choice.
To install a UI language pack:
- Add Language Element to Languages.xml:
- Navigate to [path-to-cms-site-instance]\App_Data\xml\Custom\languages.
- Open languages.xml in a text editor.
Note: Alternatively, you can edit this file in Visual Studio after opening the API Extensions Development Harness solution within [path-to-cms-site-instance]\App_Data\xml\Custom.
- Create a Language element, identifying the new name and locale attribute.
Example: < Language name="Português" locale="pt-br" />
- Save your changes.
- Include a new flag image:
- Navigate to [path-to-cms-site-instance]\App_Data\xml\Custom\languages\flags.
- Add a new flag image that represents the new language pack.
- Create a UI language file:
- Navigate to [path-to-cms-site-instance]\l10n\client.
- Create a new language file that will contain the UI instructions and labels in the following format:
Copy the contents of, for example, en-us.xml into the new language file.
Translate the tag values to the target language.
- Create a TinyMCE file:
- Navigate to [path-to-cms-site-instance]\l10n\client\tinymce.
- Create a new TinyMCE file in the following format:
- Create a .resx resource file:
- Navigate to [path-to-your-cms-site-instance]\l10n\server.
- Add a new schema file with the following filename format:
Note: The .resx resource file format consists of XML entries, which specify objects and strings inside XML tags, such as error messages. One advantage of a .resx file is that it is human-readable so it can be edited manually in a text editor. For information about its format, see Microsoft: Resources in .resx File Format. For information about creating this file programmatically, see Microsoft: Working with .resx Files Programmatically.
- Create folder and file for email notification:
- Navigate to [path-to-cms-site-instance]\App_Data\xml\Custom\emailNotifications.
- Create a folder with the following naming scheme: [language]-[country].
- Within the new folder, create a new file named workflowNotifications.xml. This file contains workflow information sent to recipients in the selected language.
- Configuring locale listing:
- Navigate to Administration > System Options > CMS > WorldView.
- In the WorldView Configuration workspace, ensure that the Enable WorldView and the Enable Top Language Selection Menu checkboxes have been selected.
- Click the Add New Language button (+).
- Choose Select from Locales Listing from the menu. The language field displays.
- In the language field, enter the name of the new language. The drop-down list displays relevant matches.
- Choose the appropriate language-locale pair.
- Select the newly added language in the Change Language drop-down menu.