Unmarking Pages for Publish
The unmark-for-publish action tells the CMS that the page is not to be published. While the page is unmarked for publish, changes are not published even if the page is checked in and a publish is performed.
If you apply Unmark for Publish to pages or components and execute a publish and replication, then the DSS server reflects the "unmarked status" of these objects. The DSS treats any requests to these unmarked objects, either by xID or by URL, as content that doesn't exist and returns a 404 error message (This error message indicates that the client is able to communicate with a given server, but the server can't find the requested page.) This response occurs even if the xID files still exist in the replication target.
To unmark a page for publish:
- Navigate to Site > Site Tree.
- Right-click the page in the Site Tree to be marked for publish.
- Select Mark/Unmark for Publish.
- If the selected content item is a parent, you have the option to choose Page or Page and Children.
- If the content item has no children, the option menu does not display.
- Unmark a content item for publish by clearing any selected check boxes in the Marked for Publish column.
- Click OK.
Note: Unmarking a page for publish does not remove the file from the DSS. It tells the CMS server not to copy the file into the publishing target that PeerSync will copy to the DSS. It also tells the navigations on the CMS server to stop displaying links to the unmarked page. However, a copy of the unmarked page still resides on the DSS.