All assets reside in folders within the Assets Tree. The folders display assets in alphabetical order based on each asset's file name; therefore, users cannot to reorder assets within the same folder. However, users can move assets from one folder to another.
Also, assets in the same folder always maintain a sibling relationship because, unlike with pages in the Site Tree, the Assets Tree has no concept of parent/child relationships among assets.
In addition to moving assets, you can also move asset folders. Like assets, asset folders display in alphabetical order within the Assets Tree, so users cannot change the order unless they rename the folders.
- Navigate to .
- Select the asset to move in the Assets Tree.
- Choose one of the following processes:
- Drag the asset to its new folder within the Assets
Tree.NoteYou can select more than one asset to drag by pressing the CTRL+Click or the CTRL+Shift+Click shortcut keys.
- Cut and paste the asset via the context menu.
NoteAlternatively, you can use the Cut (Ctrl+X) and Paste (Ctrl+V) shortcut keys to achieve the same results.
- Right-click the asset (the asset you want to move from its current folder to another folder),
and select Cut in the context menu.NoteYou can select more than one asset to move by pressing the CTRL+Click or the CTRL+Shift+Click shortcut keys.
- Right-click the target folder, and select Paste in the
The relocated asset displays in the target folder.
- Optional: If the relocated asset doesn't immediately display, then refresh the Assets Tree.
- Right-click the asset (the asset you want to move from its current folder to another folder), and select Cut in the context menu.
- Drag the asset to its new folder within the Assets Tree.