Prerequisites: See Workflows Designer Prerequisites for details.
Use Workflows Designer to create a workflow from scratch or based on a template. Workflows provide structure for users and groups to create, develop, and organize site content.
To create a workflow:
- Navigate to Administration > Workflows Designer.
- Click New in the top menu. The New Workflow dialog displays.
- Select a template in the Templates drop-down list.
List Item Description Blank Workflow Creates an empty workflow without presets. Single Review Publish Creates a workflow with pre-selected workstates and transitions to author, approve, review, and publish content. See Workflow Templates for details. Double Review Publish Creates a workflow with pre-selected workstates and transitions to author, edit, approve, review, and publish. See Workflow Templates for details.
- Enter the workflow display name in the Name field.
- Optional: Enter workflow details in the Description field.
- Select a group (e.g., Administrators, Editors, Authors) to begin the workflow in the Start Group drop-down list.
Tip: To view which transitions associate with each user group, see Workflow Transitions Assigned to Groups for details.
- Choose one of the following options in the Default User drop-down list.
List Item Description -- No Default User --
By default, no user is assigned items that enter the workflow. The CMS assigns the item to the start group.
-- Self -- Version Notes: CMS 10.5
Only available in 10.5. By default, the current user is assigned items that enter the workflow. The Self option may be particularly useful for the person doing the transition who wants pages assigned to themself.
Note: If the current user isn't a member of the start group, the CMS assigns the item to the start group.
[user ID] By default, the selected group member is assigned items that enter the workflow.
- Click Create. The workflow view displays.
Next Steps: Create workstates to set workflow tasks.