Editing Component Content Units
Prerequisites: See Page Builder Prerequisites for details.
After creating component content units, you may need to return to them to modify their content.
To edit an existing component content unit:
- Navigate to .The Management screen displays.
- Select the Component Content Units tab.
- Select the component content unit to edit in the Component Content
- Click Edit in the Actions menu.The Create/Edit screen displays the selected component content unit.
- Optional: Provide a thumbnail that represents the component content unit by completing one of the
Additional InformationAfter creating a content unit, Upload Thumbnail displays as active. Uploading a thumbnail image replaces the generic icon to represent the content unit.Version Notes: CMS 10.5+
- Select the Upload Thumbnail icon, and select an image from
your location machine in the Upload Thumbnail dialog
- Version Notes: CMS 10.6Generate a thumbnail graphic based on the component content unit's existing views in CMS 10.6. See CMS 10.6 Generating Component Content Unit View Thumbnails for details.
Select Clear to remove the thumbnail in CMS 10.5+.
- Select the Upload Thumbnail icon, and select an image from your location machine in the Upload Thumbnail dialog displays.
- Make modifications to the appropriate fields. See Creating Component Content
Units for field descriptions.NoteYou can edit some but not all field values in the Create/Edit tab. The inherited, unchangeable schema fields and attributes display as inactive (e.g., Hidden, Read Only, Required, and Indexable).
- Select Save in the Content Unit Actions menu.