When building out the site's schemas, you may find similarities among the schemas you create. Copy an existing schema to use as the base for a new one elsewhere in the site.
Copying a schema duplicates all configurations except for the Display Name and Root Name fields.
- Navigate to .
- Select a schema within the Management view.
- Click Copy. The Create/Edit view
opens a new schema that contains the same element and attribute configurations as the
- Enter a Display Name for the new schema. Configure the
Content Type and Icon.
- Make any desired changes to the schema.
- Click Save in the Actions menu. The
Save Schema dialog displays.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- Click Save Draft. Schema Designer saves the schema as a
draft. NoteIf you save the schema as a draft, then the schema cannot be used for new pages, components, or assets. Save the draft as a new version to use the schema.
- Click Save new version. Schema Designer saves the schema as a new version.
- Click Save Draft. Schema Designer saves the schema as a draft.