- Navigate to .
- Select the page to copy in the Site Tree.
- Choose one of the following processes:
Drag the page to copy.
- Press the Ctrl key.
- Drag the page to where you want a copy of it to reside in the Site
Tree.NoteYou can copy the page to the location between two existing pages (i.e., as a sibling), or you can drop the copied page on to a target page. In the latter case, the copied page becomes a child of the target page.
You can select more than one page to copy by pressing the CTRL+Click or the CTRL+Shift+Click shortcut keys.
The copied page displays in the target location.
Copy and paste the page via the context menu.
- Right-click the page, and select Copy in the context
menu.NoteYou can select more than one page to copy by pressing the CTRL+Click or the CTRL+Shift+Click shortcut keys.
- Right-click the target page, and select Paste in the
The copied page becomes a child of the target page.NoteAlternatively, you can use the Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) shortcut keys to achieve the same results.
- Optional: If the copied page doesn't immediately display, then refresh the Site Tree.
- Right-click the page, and select Copy in the context menu.
After copying the page to the new location, keep the following in mind:
- The xID for the duplicate page will differ from the original page because the duplicate page needs a unique identifier that distinguishes it from the original.
- The CMS will automatically check in the duplicate page.
- The CMS will not mark the duplicate page for publish, no matter if the original is marked. This ensures that the CMS will not prematurely publish the duplicate page.