How to View Publishing Logs | View log data for individual publishing and replication targets.
Prerequisites: See Publishing Prerequisites for details.
Users with permissions can access publish and replication log data.
Caution: Changing dependencies can impact log information accuracy in the Publishing Monitor. For example, if the dependencies change, the Publishing Monitor may report the target has a pending publish when no user initiated a publish.
To access publish and replication logs:
- Navigate to Administration > Publishing Monitor > Publishing.
- Click View More... in the bottom-right corner of the Recently Completed area. Publish logs display in the new window.
- Click the publishing target in the Select Publishing Target drop-down list. Publishing Target Statistics display.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- Access the publish logs.
- Click the Publishes tab. The Publish Date pane displays publishes by date and time in chronological, descending order.
- Select the publish session to view in Publish Date. The publish log details display.
- Access the replication logs.
- Click the Replications tab.
- Click the replication target in the Select Replication Target drop-down list. The Publish Date pane displays replications by date and time in chronological, descending order.
- Select the replication session to view in Publish Date. The replication log details display.
|Version Notes: CMS 10.0-10.3 vs. 10.5
In CMS 10.0-10.3, the Replicated field displays the total created and removed replicated item count in the replication log viewer.
In CMS 10.5, the Replicated field displays the created replicated item total, and the Removed field displays the removed replicated item total. Also, the Start At field displays the start date in addition to the start time.
- Optional: Click View Log XML to access the selected publish or replication session's log data in an XML document. The log XML data displays in the new window.