Creating Ingeniux Translation Projects
- See Translation Prerequisites for details.
- Before creating translation projects, system administrators must deploy the Ingeniux Translation Manager package and configure the TM tab. See Deploying Translation Manager for details.
- User must be a systems administrator to access the translation manager files in the Ingeniux CMS file system.
After configuring Ingeniux Translation Manager, administrators must set up a project.
To create a translation manager project:
- Navigate to Apps.
- In the list of applications, click Translation Manager.
- Click the Create New Project tab. The Ingeniux Translation Manager tab displays.
- Provide project information and choose options in the Configuration Area:
- Project Name: Project's display name.
- Language: Language into which the project is being translated.
Important: In Administration > System Options > CMS > WorldView, you must enable the Available languages for page language settings option to the appropriate target languages before they will display in the Language drop-down menu.
- Target Date: Scheduled date of completion.
- Translate Taxonomy: When selected, translation manager includes taxonomy in the project. When translating taxonomy:
- The file, [ProjectName]_Taxonomy.xml, is created within the translation project, which includes the entire Taxonomy Tree.
- Translation vendors translate within the taxonomy file.
- When vendors translate the entire Taxonomy Tree, the returned taxonomy file is mapped to the Taxonomy Manager for the target language(s).
Important: The taxonomy file returned from the vendor must have all taxonomy terms translated. Partial translations of taxonomy are not allowed.
- Create Clones: If the master page is selected but has no clone, this option creates clones for reference xIDs and assets if they do not already exist.
Note: Importing a translated page that references an asset of a master locale now updates the Asset ID value to reflect the cloned asset for the target locale.
- Ignore Workflow: When enabled, allow adding pages to the current project even if the pages are currently not in the defined translation workflow/workstate.
Note: This option is only applicable when either WorkFlowName or WorkFlowTitle are configured in Settings.xml. See Deploying Translation Manager for configuration details.
- Ignore Pending Pages: If any page in workflow is in a pending state (e.g., page for translation isn't checked in), then translation manger will skip the page.
- Use Lingual Versions: If a translated version of the page exists, then translation manager sets the page to be read-only.
- Ignore Mapping: When selected, translations replace the master pages after import. This option submits specific pages in their target languages and not their associated master pages.
Note: This option should be selected when no master/clone page relationship exists.
- Add content items for translation by ID or by date range in the Selection Area, then click Add Items:
- Add Page or Section:
- Page only: Enter the xID of a page or component.
- Include Children: When selected, the children of the page in the Add Page or Section field are included.
- Include References: Ingeniux Translation Manager adds internal resources (i.e., pages and components) referenced by the selected content items.
- Add by Date Range:
Important: Enable the Ignore Mapping and Ignore Workflow options in the Configuration Area to add content items by date range.
- Start: Use the date picker to add the start date. From this date, all master content items return (unless Ignore Mapping is enabled).
- End: Use the date picker to add the end date. Up to this date, all master content items return (unless Ignore Mapping is enabled).
Note: If you add content items by date range, you must provide both Start and End values.
- Add Page or Section:
- Optional: Click Remove in the Display Area to remove content items from the translation project.
- Click Create and Submit when finished and close the submission success message. The translation manager submits the translation project to the vendor for translation.
Next Steps: Manage Translation Projects to view details, copy projects, view logs, and import projects.