CMS 10.6 Indexing Site-Wide Fields
Once page types have been selected for indexing, administrators can narrow the indexing scope by selecting only certain text-based fields to index across your organization's website.
- Navigate to .
- Select the Fields Site-Wide tab in the InSite Search
Configuration pane. The text-based fields across the website, which are available for indexing, display in a list.
- Select the publishing target that will include the site-wide fields in its search
indexing via the Publishing Target drop-down list.NoteIf multiple publishing target search indexes will include the selected site-wide fields, then, after you finish setting your configurations, you can batch apply the settings to multiple publishing targets.
- Select one or more fields you want to index.TipYou can use Find Fields to search for fields in the list.
- Select Save.
- Optional: If you want to batch apply your InSite Search configuration changes to additional
publishing targets, then complete the following steps.WarningThis tool batch applies your other InSite Search configuration changes (i.e., boost and custom settings) along with your indexing settings to the additional publishing targets. After batch applying these changes, previous configurations cannot be recovered.
The system applies your InSite Search configuration changes to the other publishing targets.
- Select Apply All Settings to... in the bottom-right corner
of the InSite Search configuration pane.The Apply to Publishing Targets dialog displays.
- Select the additional publishing targets where you want your InSite Search
configuration changes to apply, and click OK.TipYou can use the Publishing Target Name field to search for available publishing targets.
- Select Apply All Settings to... in the bottom-right corner of the InSite Search configuration pane.