Updating Oxygen Web Service for Add-ons
- System administrators must the install the Oxygen Web Service for the Ingeniux CMS site instance.
- System administrators must have access to the latest .dll files for
the Oxygen Web Service.Version Notes: CMS 10.6 vs. CMS 10.3–10.5Use the latest .dll files compatible with your CMS version (CMS 10.6 or CMS 10.3–5). See CMS Statistics to check the version.
New Oxygen Web Service .dll file updates will become available over time. Before Ingeniux CMS content contributors can install Oxygen Desktop Plugin add-on updates to their authoring client(s), the plugin requires the Oxygen Web Service to have the new .dll files in the CMS instance. To update the Oxygen Web Service, CMS system administrators install the latest .dll files to the CMS instance's bin folder.
To update the Oxygen Web Service files:
- Stop the CMS instance application pool by completing the following steps.
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS), and navigate to the CMS instance application pool.
- Right-click the application pool, and click Stop.The CMS instance stops running.
- Access the updated Oxygen Web Service .dll file(s) on your file system.
- Copy the updated .dll file(s) (e.g., IGXCMSPlugin_OxygenWebService.dll) and paste them in [Drive:]\[path-to-cms-site-instance]\App_Data\xml\Custom\OxygenWebService\bin.
- Select Replace the file in the destination if the
Replace or Skip Files dialog displays.The updated .dll files display in the Oxygen Web Service's bin folder.
- Start the CMS instance application pool by completing the following steps.
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS), and navigate to the CMS instance's application pool.
- Right-click the application pool, and click Start.The CMS instance starts running.
Next Steps: Install Add-on Updates when subsequent Ingeniux CMS Connector add-on updates become available.