System administrators can populate the luceneindex folder with indexing files to test and run the InSite Search (ISS) main search index functionality.
- Check in the page(s).
- Select a page in the Site Tree.
- Click the Check In button in the
Edit toolbar (or right-click the page in the
Site Tree and select Check
- Mark checked in pages for publish. Choose one of the
- Select Mark/Unmark for Publish in the Edit tab. NoteIf the selected content item is a parent, you are given the option to choose Page or Page and Children. If the content item has no children, the option menu does not display.The Mark/Unmark pages for publish dialog displays.
- Select the checkbox in the Marked for Publish column to associate the content item(s) with one or multiple publishing targets.
- Select the appropriate version of the content item(s) to mark for your chosen publishing target(s) in the Version to Publish column.
- Click OK.NoteMark a page for publish outside workflow by right-clicking the page in the Site Tree, select Page Properties, and configure the action at the Mark for Publish tab.
- Select Mark/Unmark for Publish in the Edit tab.
- Submit a publish by completing the following
- In the Edit toolbar, select Page, Page and Children or Site from the Publish
drop-down list.The Publish dialog opens.
- Select a publishing target.
- Select Incremental or Full.The Publish Submitted dialog opens.
- Click Monitor Publishes to view the pending publish, or click Close to exit the dialog.
- In the Edit toolbar, select Page, Page and Children or Site from the Publish drop-down list.
- Recycle the DSS app pool in Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Delete existing main index files in the App_Data\LuceneIndex folder.
- Enter an address to the DSS website in a web browser.
http://website.com/dss/x4.xmlThis step triggers the re-indexing of content.