Setting up SQL Server Database
Cartella stores its data in the Microsoft's SQL Server, which requires setup.
- Navigate to the SQL Scripts folder of your new site. By default, the folder path will look similar to this: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\[Site_Root]\SQL Scripts.
- Open CartellaDb.sql with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), version 2005 or later.
- Make sure that SSMS is connected to the SQL Server where you intend to create the Cartella database. If prompted, connect to the database engine.
- Open the Object Explorer window (Connect Object Explorer button in the
upper-left corner of the Object Explorer pane.) and, if necessary, connect the Object Explorer to the server
using the The SQL Server file structure displays in Object Explorer.
- Right-click Databases.
- Select New Database.
- In the window that displays, enter a name for the database that will serve your Cartella instance.
- Click OK.This creates a new empty database.
- Click the tab containing CartellaDB.sql to ensure that it's selected.
- In the menu of available databases, select the database you just created.
- Click Execute to run the CartellaDb.sql script against the database. This may take a moment.
- Verify that the script was executed successfully.
The database is now constructed.
Next Steps: After creating a database for Cartella, you must configure database credentials and security so that Cartella can connect to the database.