Website analytics helps you monitor the performance of your website by gathering valuable site-wide and page-by-page visitor statistics. You can access a page analysis report that delivers valuable information about that page, such as number of visits and points of entry. Analytics helps you understand where your website traffic is coming from, which pages on the site are most popular, and what changes need to be made to enhance the site.
- Website Analytics (e.g., Google Analytics) is the focus of this topic.
- Microsoft's Analytics is a query tool within Application Insights, which is a service used by developers to monitor the DSS website for performance anomalies. Application Insights offers code-level telemetry.
- InSite Search Analytics is a type of search configuration within Ingeniux CMS that helps to track users' search activity.
Google Analytics is the data provider for most Ingeniux customers. The Analytics app combines Ingeniux CMS collaboration capabilities with Google innovation, creating a powerful tool to optimize any organization's web-based marketing efforts.
- Navigate to tab.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- If you have not configured Analytics, the No Data Available message displays. See Analytics Settings for steps to enable Analytics.
- If you have already enabled Analytics, the Google Analytics Setup information displays, so continue to the next step.
- Click the Generate Device Code button to begin the
authorization process.A Google dialog opens requesting that you enter the device code that now displays in the Google Analytics Setup dialog.
- Enter the device code in the Google dialog and click Next. The Google account sign-in dialog displays.
- Sign into your Google account.At this point,
- Click Allow to permit Ingeniux CMS to view Google Analytics
data.The Success! Device connected message displays.
- Navigate back to the tab.
- Click Connect Analytics Account.
- Select a Google Analytics View (Profile) from the Profile drop-down
list.If your organization needs to create a Google Analytics View/Profile, see Add a new view for details.ImportantBefore saving the selected profile, copy the remote access token for your records. It will only display in this dialog once.
- Click Save Profile.
The Google Analytics Site Summary displays.
- See Google Analytics Help for configuration details.
- Once you have set your metrics and gathered relevant data, adapt your web content strategy, accordingly.