How to Publish Content from the Site Toolbar | Execute full or incremental content item publishes from the Site toolbar.
The Site's Edit tab provides options to publish content items. Publish options include:
- Page: Publishes the selected content item.
- Page and Children: Publishes the selected content item and its descendants.
- Site: Publishes the site.
For a complete description of publishing types and where to execute them, see Publishing Types.
To publish content from Site's toolbar:
- Navigate to Site > Site Tree.
- Select a content item in the Site Tree. The item displays in the Site pane.
- In the Site toolbar, select Page or Page and Children from the Publish drop-down list. The Publish dialog displays.
Note: In the Publish drop-down list, you can publish the site (e.g., Publish > Site). Keep in mind that you can publish the site without making any prior selection in the Site Tree.
- Select the publishing target(s).
|Version Notes: CMS 10.5
In CMS 10.5, the Publish dialog provides a Publishing Targets tab and Publishing Profiles tab. Use the tabs to select individual targets or profiles for publish.
- Optional: Enable or clear the Perform Replication checkbox.
- Select one of the following:
- Incremental: Publishes only checked-in items that are:
Note: You can execute an incremental publish of content that is marked but unmodified. See Publishing Types for details.
- Marked for publish on the selected publishing target.
- Modified since the most-recent publish or contain modified dependencies since the most-recent publish.
- Full: Publishes all items in the Site Tree and Assets Tree that are checked in and marked for publish, regardless of any changes to the content.
The Publish Submitted dialog opens.
Note: A full publish should be used for large-scale updates and should not be run during peak business hours.
- Choose one of the following:
- Monitor Publishes: Allows you to view the pending publish.
- Close: Exits the dialog.