Setting Security on Assets
- User must have administrator permissions to set security.
- User groups must exist. See Creating Groups for details.
Administrators can grant groups full or read-only access to individual assets.
If users have appropriate group permissions in addition to security settings, full access grants permissions to all asset actions, and read-only access grants only permissions to copy, publish, and view the asset.
- Navigate to .
- Right-click the asset in the Assets Tree and select Properties in the context menu.
- Click the Security tab.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- Select the Inherit security settings from parent... checkbox to inherit the parent's security settings.
- Clear the Inherit security settings from parent...
checkbox. Click OK in the confirmation dialog. Additional InformationIf cleared, the asset item uses its own security settings rather than its parent settings. For example, the parent item may grant groups full access while the child grants groups read-only access, or vice-versa. You can configure the child's security settings per group to be less restrictive, more restrictive, or equal to its parent security.
- Optional: Select the Everyone user group.
Click Remove.NoteThe Everyone user group overrides all other settings in Security.
- Click Add. The Select Access Groups dialog displays.
- Select groups to add. Use
CTRL+Click to multi-select
- Click OK. The selections display in the
User Group list.
- Select one of the following options in each group's Security
Access Level drop-down list.
Item Description Read-Only Grants groups with appropriate permissions to only view, copy, and publish the asset item(s). Users can see the folder and its contents, and they can link to files within the folder. However, Read Only Access prevents users from using the New Folder, Upload, and Delete buttons within the folder. Full Access Grants groups with appropriate permissions to perform all asset operations and edits. Groups can create, upload, and delete assets, provided that group permissions enable these options.
- Optional: Select the Everyone user group. Click Remove.
- Click OK.