Indexing CMS 10.1+ Assets
- You must have Ingeniux CMS 10.1+ installed.
- Binary assets must be published so that they can be indexed and then searched by users. To publish assets, see Publishing Assets for details
Users manage binary files such as MS Word documents and PDFs in the Assets Manager. To include binary files in the search index, the system requires administrators to set the root location of the folder that contains the binary files.
Keep in mind that while administrators configure assets for indexing within Ingeniux CMS, the actual indexing takes place on the published file system. Binary assets must be published before they can be indexed and then searched by users.
- Navigate to .
- Click the Assets tab.
- Click the Add Document Location plus
(+) button in the Root locations of document
assets to be indexed area.A new document location entry displays.
- Click Pick. The Asset Tree Folder
dialog displays. Choose the root folder of the document assets to include in search
results. Click Select.The root location folder displays in the Document Folder field.
- Click Select Targets to apply boosts to all or individual
targets. Choose the publishing targets from the Select Target(s)
dialog and click Select.NoteBy default, your root location selection reflects in all publishing targets.
- Click Save in the Actions menu to commit your changes.