Deleting Assets from DITA Collections
Users can delete DITA and non-DITA assets from existing DITA collections in the Assets Manager. The system moves deleted assets to the Recycle Folder.
- Navigate to .
- Select the asset to delete.
- Navigate to the , and select the tabDirect Usage References
option.TroubleshootingUsers can only delete assets in DITA collections if no DITA assets reference them.
The Used By tab lists DITA assets that reference the currently selected asset. If DITA assets reference the asset, the CMS prevents the deletion of that referenced asset. When users attempt to delete a referenced asset, the following error message displays:
Error deleting assets: Cannot remove Asset(s) "[a/ID]", there are dependency requirements from [x] other Asset(s) outside of the deletion range.
- If the Used By tab lists direct usage references, then complete
the following steps for each list item.
- Select the list item link to navigate to the DITA asset that contains the usage dependency reference.
- Check out the DITA asset that contains the usage reference, and remove or comment
out the dependency link that references the asset you want to delete via the
Edit tab.ImportantIf you comment out the dependency reference, keep in mind that the referenced a/ID will become invalid after the deletion of the referenced asset.
- Check in the DITA asset, and return to the asset you want to delete.The asset no longer displays as a usage reference dependency.
- Repeat these steps to clear all list items in the Used By tab.
- Right-click the asset item to delete in the Assets Tree, and
select Delete.The Delete Asset Items dialog displays the IDs of assets the system will delete.
- Select Delete. The asset listed in the dialog moves to the Recycle Folder.