Resetting Client Secrets
Prerequisites: Ingeniux CMS 10.6 must be installed. See CMS Statistics to check the site version.
While individual OAuth identities always display their client ID and user details, the system only displays the client secret once in the Alert dialog when administrators initially create the OAuth identity. After administrators close the Alert dialog, the system permanently hides the client secret. If administrators forget the client secret or need to reset the secret for other purposes, then they can use the Reset Client Secret tool.
When the client secret resets, the secret, prior to the reset, becomes invalid and no longer works. Users with the old client secret need to apply the new client secret to applicable applications. Keep in mind that the applications maintain the same client ID, as the reset does not affect the client ID.
To reset a client secret:
- Navigate to
- Select the OAuth identity associated with the client secret to reset.The identity details expand.
- Click Reset Client Secret.The Reset OAuth Client Secret dialog displays.
- Click Yes to confirm the reset.The Alert dialog displays the client ID and the new client secret associated with the identity.
- Click the Copy button to copy the Client
Secret value to your clipboard, and use or store the secret as needed.CautionIf you plan to use the client secret more than once or want to reference the secret in the future, then store the Client Secret value in a safe place, as the client secret only displays once. The system prevents administrators from viewing the client secret after closing this Alert dialog.
- Click Dismiss to close the dialog.