Adding Transition Actions
Workflow transitions may have associated actions. An action represents an operation to complete before or during the execution of a transition. Workflows Designer provides actions for the most common UI operations (e.g., check in, mark for publish).
- Navigate to .
- Select the appropriate workflow from the list.
- Click Edit.
- Choose one of the following steps in the Workflows Designer
- If you opened the New Transition or Edit Transition dialog, click the Actions tab.
- Select the transition and click Edit in the Workflow Transitions area. The Edit Transition dialog displays.
- For each new action, click the Add New Transition Action plus (+) button. The New Action drop-down list displays.
- Choose one of the actions in the New Action drop-down list.
See List of
Actions for details.NoteA single transition can contain only one of each action type.
- For each new action, click the Confirm plus (+) button to verify the action. The action displays as active in the list.
- Select the active action and, if applicable, complete the fields. See List of
Actions for details about fields associated with each action.NoteTo reorder actions, drag the action(s) to the new location in the active actions list.
- Click Save and Close when finished to close the
If a transition contains actions, the Transition has Actions icon displays next to the transition in the Workflow Transitions area. If you hover over the transition in the Designing Workflow area, icons display for each action.
- Click Save in the top menu of the Designing Workflow area when finished making changes in the workflow. Ingeniux CMS saves the workflow in Workflows Designer. This workflow is available for content items in the Site Tree and Assets Tree.