Setting Permissions to View Categories
All groups and users (as does the Everyone group) have full access to categories by default. Child categories inherit viewing permissions from parents. If you set no viewing permissions, or if you add the user or group to the CanView's Selected list, they can view the taxonomy category and children in modules.
You can set category permissions on the Category Management or Deleted Category Management view.
- Log in to Cartella.
- Navigate to .
- Click the category in the tree structure.The category displays as selected, and the CanApply and CanView options display.
- Click Edit for CanView. The CanView dialog displays.
- Optional: Select the Groups or Users tab.
Enter a keyword in the Filter field to narrow options in
the Available list.
- Select or clear the Include Inherited checkbox to display inherited groups and users.
- Select the desired groups and users in the Available
list. Click the right arrow to move the entries to the
Selected List. NoteTo remove viewing permissions, select the desired groups and users in the Selected list. Click the right arrow to move the entries to the Available list.
- Click Save.Cartella saves the category permissions.