Remote Connections Not Allowed for SQL Server Instance
Denied access after attempting to connect to a SQL Server instance, remotely.
Server properties are not set properly.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right-click the SQL Server instance name the Object
Explorer pane. This is the top-level node in the Object Explorer pane.
- Select Properties.The Server Properties dialog opens.
- Select Connections from the Select a page list.
- In the Remote server connections area, enable
Allow remote connections to this
server.Now you should be able to connect, remotely.