Publishing from the Site Tree
- Administrators must provide users with publishing permissions or administrator permissions. See Creating Groups for details.
- Users must check in the content items they will publish. See Checking In Pages for details.
- Users must mark the content items for publish to the appropriate publishing targets. See Marking Pages for Publish for details.
Use the Site Tree context menu to publish site folders and content items (pages and components).
- Navigate to .
- Right-click the content item or folder you want to publish in the Site
Tree, and select one of the following options in the context menu.
Option Description Publishes the selected content item.NoteIf the selected content item doesn't have children, then the Publish context menu option displays without the submenu. Publishes the selected content item and its descendants (children, grandchildren, etc.).The Publish dialog displays.
- Optional: You can select the Preview Publish - Gather information only
checkbox to generate a report of content items that the CMS will publish before you
execute the official publish.
See CMS 10.6 Generating Publish Preview Reports via Site for details.Version Notes: CMS 10.6The preview publish report feature is exclusive to CMS 10.6. You can only generate preview publish reports for single publishing targets.
- Choose one of the following steps.
NoteKeep the following in mind.
- Select the appropriate publishing target in the Publishing Targets tab.
- Version Notes: CMS 10.5+Select the appropriate publishing profile in the Publishing Profiles tab.
The Publish dialog provides a Publishing Targets tab and Publishing Profiles tab in CMS 10.5+. Use the tabs to select individual targets or profiles for publish.
- Use the Filter field in the respective Publishing Target tab or Publishing Profile tab to search for publishing targets or profiles based on their names.
- Use CTRL+Click or CTRL+Shift+Click to select more than one target or profile for publish.
- Select or clear the Perform Replication checkbox.
If selected, the CMS executes replication in addition to the publish.
- Select one of the following buttons.Version Notes: CMS 10.6CautionEnsure the Preview Publish - Gather information only is cleared before you proceed with this step. Otherwise, the system generates a preview publish report instead of executing the publish.
Option Description Incremental Publishes only checked-in items that meet the following criteria:
NoteYou can execute an incremental publish for content that is marked but unmodified. See Publishing Types for details.
- The items are marked for publish to the selected publishing targets.
- The items have modifications since the most recent publish, or the items contain modified dependencies since the most recent publish.
Full Publishes all items in the Site Tree and Assets Tree that are checked in and marked for publish, regardless of any changes to the content.NoteWe recommend running full publishes for large-scale updates and not running full publishes during peak business hours.The Publish Submitted dialog displays.
- Select one of the following buttons.
Option Description Monitor Publishes Openswhere you can view the pending publish. Close Exits the Publish Submitted dialog.