CMS 10.6 In-Context Editing (ICE) CSS Considerations
Use the CSS considerations when working with CMS ICE implementations.
This topic includes:
Direct Child Selectors
Avoid using a direct child selector like .parent > .child between the ICE field node and its parent.
The CMS 10.6 ICE system injects an element to wrap the original render node, so if you use a direct child selector between them, this will break the associated styles.
- Remove the right-angle bracket (
>) between the parent and child selector.
- Replicate the CSS entry to implement a similar look without using the right-angle
ICE Field Views Root Markup
For ICE fields to work properly, ensure the SS for ICE field root elements meets the following criteria:
- The markup doesn't contain the position property with an absolute value.
- The markup doesn't contain the float property.
- The markup doesn't contain the height property with a percentage type value.