Managing Security on Pages, Components, and Folders
- User must have administrator permissions to set security.
- User groups must exist. See Creating Groups for details.
The CMS has two levels of security that administrators can apply to any page, component, or folder in the Site Tree:
- Full access
- Read-only access
Administrators set security by default or on a "per group" basis. The "per group" option grants individual groups different access levels in the same node (i.e., content item). Child nodes inherit their parent node's security settings by default, unless administrators configure the child node's security separately.
Any group with administrator rights has complete, unrestricted access to all nodes in the Site Tree.
- Navigate to .
- Right-click the content item and select Page Properties in the Site Tree. The Page Properties dialog displays.
- Click the Security tab.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- Select the Inherit security settings from parent page
checkbox. Additional InformationThe CMS selects the checkbox by default. If selected, the content item uses its parent's security settings. Repeat the steps above to access its parent item's security settings.
- Clear the Inherit security settings from parent page
checkbox. Click OK in the confirmation dialog. The
Add and Remove buttons
display. Additional InformationIf cleared, the content item uses its own security settings rather than its parent settings.
For example, the parent item may grant groups full access while the child grants groups read-only access or vice-versa. You can configure the child's security settings per group to be less restrictive, more restrictive, or equal to its parent security.
- Optional: Select the Everyone user group.
Click Remove.NoteThe Everyone user group overrides all other settings in Security.
- Click Add. The Select Access Groups dialog displays.
- Select groups to add. Use CTRL+Click to multi-select groups.
- Click OK. The selections display in the User Group list.
- Select one of the following options in each group's Security
Access Level drop-down list.
Option Description Read-Only Grants groups with appropriate permissions to only view, copy, and publish the content item. Full Access Grants groups with appropriate permissions to perform all content item operations and edits.
- Optional: Select the Everyone user group. Click Remove.
- Select the Inherit security settings from parent page checkbox.
- Click OK.