Creating and Configuring Workstates
Create workstates to identify tasks, sets of tasks, or status in the workflow.
- Navigate to .
- Select the appropriate workflow from the list.
- Click Edit.
- Click New in the Workstates area of the
The Create New Workstate dialog displays.
- Enter values in the following fields:
Field Description Name Friendly name of the workstate. Description (optional) Details about the workstate. Active If selected, content items moved to this workstate display in user Assignments. If cleared, content items moved to this workstate don't display in user Assignments.Additional Information
The Active checkbox specifies if the workstate requires action (active) or no action (inactive). For example, a workstate called "Published" may apply to pages that are marked for publish and require no further action. Clearing the workstate's Active checkbox ensures that published content items don't display in users' assignment lists.NoteWorkstates with the cleared Active checkbox display as shaded in the Workflows Designer workspace view.
- Click Save. The workstate displays in the
- Optional: Hover over the workstate and click the Add Workstate to
Workflow icon. The workstate displays in the Designing
Workflow area.Additional InformationAdministrators can only add one of each workstate to each workflow. The first workstate added to the workflow becomes the start node. The Initial transition automatically associates with the start node. This transition assigns the content item entering the workflow to the initial group.
- Optional: If the workflow only has one workstate, add another workstate to the workflow. Transitions send content items from one workstate to another.
Next Steps: Create transitions to move between workstates.