Users require site administrator permissions to complete
For authoring, create taxonomy categories to associate with site content such as blog posts, documents, surveys, etc. You can create categories on the Category Management or Deleted Category Management view.
Site administrators, see Creating Categories via Items for details to directly create categories when creating or editing a module item.
To create a category:
- Log in to Cartella.
- Navigate to .
- Choose one of the following steps.
The Create Category view displays.
- Click Create New Category.
- Right-click the desired parent category in the Category Management tree and click Create Category to make the new category the child of the existing category.
- Click the desired parent category and click to make the new category the child of the existing category.
- Enter category name in the Name field.
- Optional: Enter the category description in the Description
field. RestrictionWithout additional Cartella customization, category descriptions only display in Create Categoryand Edit Category views.NoteCollaborate with your Cartella site developer to customize category descriptions to display to non-administrators. See Customizing Cartella's Look and Feel for details.
- Click Submit.Cartella creates the category. The Category Management view displays with the category selected.